In the spirit of portion control (ahem!) and quick fix for certain craving, I modified a chocolate molten lava cake recipe I found on the internet (forgot which one, but I have found many, and they are more or less the same). The following recipe uses easy measurement, designed for two people, and you can make it in a hurry.... around 20 minutes, excluding cleaning up (sigh).
I've made this three times to make sure it works... and it has worked each time.
1 Tbs butter
4 Tbs chocolate chip (I used Ghirardheli 60 percent chocolate. In one experiment, I used dark chocolate disks)
1 Tbs granulated sugar
1 Tbs cocoa powder (I used Guittard)
1/2 Tbs flour (you can omit the flour for an experiment. The result is a fluffier cake)
0. Turn on oven to 350 F
1. Melt chocolate chip in the microwave. Halfway through, add butter, and melt together
2. Beat egg and sugar with mixer until fluffy
3. Add melted chocolate chip and butter to egg
4. Sift cocoa powder and flour into egg mixture, fold with spatula
5. Pour into two well-buttered ramekin dishes
6. Bake in oven for 8 minutes until top is firm enough (don't over bake it, lest your lava won't ooze).
7. You could try baking it on the microwave for 2 minutes on high (check at 1.5 minutes), but I haven't tried that so I can't vouch for the result.
You can keep this cake in the fridge and serve later, but don't forget to warm it on the microwave for about 15-20 seconds.