18 August 2009

Orange-carrot-walnut scones

I bought a juicer and have been using almost every day. One of my favorite juice blends is carrot and orange juice. I use about 5-6 small carrots (I like to use carrots that are sold with their leaves) and 3-4 small oranges. My mum also juices and saves the mash from the juice to use in baked goods like muffins. I saved a batch of carrot mash to use in scones.

The original Strawberry and Rosemary Scones recipe is from Giada De Laurentiis of Food Network. To the original recipe I added the carrot mash (of course), 2-3 teaspoons orange zest, and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. I found that I needed to add more flour because of the addition of my "wet" ingredient - the carrot mash.

Cut to size, bake, and eat with Greek yogurt or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment