10 August 2009

Summer Salad Challenge!

In a bid to eat healthier and to celebrate the summer months and really, for the love of salads (!), I made a call out to my blog buds for a summer salad challenge. The idea is to share pictures and recipes of salad we enjoyed this month.

Here is my first salad contribution for the month:

Pan-fried calamari with Moroccon spices, mix greens and avocado.


A good friend went to Morocco for vacation and brought back as gifts for me an authentic tagine (I know! I am excited to use it!) and some lovely local spices. I pan-fried squid (calamari) pieces with olive oil, minced garlic and a medley of the spices- harrisa powder, ras el honout (Moroccon garam masala), and another lovely spice that is suppose to be for a fish (I do not know the offical name for it). Placed the calamari over a bed of greens with some cheery tomatoes, and diced avacodo. I dressed the greens with a vinagretee made with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper and Dijon mustard.

1 comment:

  1. I love squid especially in calamari form. Bittman has a battered squid recipe here - http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/05/dining/05mini.html?_r=1. This salad is on my list.

    ReplyDelete