24 May 2011

Dolsot Bi Bim Bap



I am a big fan of Bi Bim Bap... but I am an even BIGGER fan of Dolsot Bi Bim Bap. It is the same dish, but in Dolsot Bi Bim Bap, you put the dish in a hot stone bowl, so hot that the rice develop nice crackly crust. Due to my dietary restrictions, I can't simply go to a Korean restaurant if and when I crave for DBBB, thus I ended up buying my own stone bowl to make DBBB at home when the whims come. It does help that we have an amazing Korean super market on Telegraph and 27th that sells ready made vegetables for DBBB. It cuts down the prep time by an hour or so.... :). They're not cheap, but hey..... if it makes life easier, why not? :).

2 comments:

  1. mangolassie :)May 30, 2011

    I {heart} BBB! Inspired to make some this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! looks like the real deal.

    ReplyDelete