22 December 2010

Ina Garten's Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting



Made these cupcakes twice and I can vouch for their yumminess, in particular, the peanut butter frosting. Do let the cupcakes set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes as the frosting is better cool (important if you live in the tropics). The ones in the picture above I made a few months ago. Looking at those cupcakes makes me want to make them again, now!

Here is the link to Ina's recipe (love her!) : http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chocolate-cupcakes-and-peanut-butter-icing-recipe/index.html

I am contemplating next time I make them, I may try to use Nigella's moist chocolate cake recipe but keep to Ina's peanut butter frosting. Will post when I do (though I think it will be awhile before I have time to bake them).

3 comments:

  1. Hoping that Upik and Shimona would one day drop by and say hi and post a comment or two. (Lin waving *Hi!*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, *moist* cupcakes! Love Ina, love Nigella. Love Lin's cupcakes even more. Recalling your matcha cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin: Is there a way to get an alert whenever there's a new post?

    By the way, I taught my five housemates how to bake Magnolia cupcakes while I was in Amman. We baked it twice over two weeks. I thought about you two and our matcha cupcakes. Ah, we also had crepe feast, with nutella, labna, and jam filling, while crowding in the kitchen.... :D Nothing like baking will bring women together! :D

    ReplyDelete